We’re looking for a seasoned strategist who has a passion for helping mission-driven organizations elevate their brand experiences. As a well-rounded and versatile professional, you have a firm grasp of both strategic and tactical principles, giving you the vision and skills to support projects from concept to implementation. Your digital expertise, ability to organize complex information, and passion for people will help our clients achieve their goals and further their mission. With your swiss-army-knife skillset, as a SmallBox Strategist you’ll work with both the production team (client-facing) and also the sales and operations team to help manage internal marketing and business development efforts.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll work alongside teams to tackle complex challenges for a diverse portfolio of projects. You’ll use human-centered design to inform end solutions—research, planning, strategy, and execution. Responsibilities may include:
- Research & Synthesis — Develop and design research plans and synthesize information to demonstrate a deep understanding of client goals, audience needs, and industry landscapes. Research methods may include brand assessments, competitive analysis, and direct audience engagement (i.e. interviews, surveys) as you connect with and learn from key stakeholders and audiences.
- Strategy — Use research insights to create and develop strategies to help clients achieve goals and better serve key audiences. As a project lead, you will also serve as an advocate for client & audience goals throughout projects. With your varied skill set you might even jump in on the development of key messaging or the occasional production of website content.
- Production — Lead and contribute to the implementation of client deliverables. We’ll rely on your skills to develop compelling strategies and ideas for websites, outreach campaigns, messaging strategies, etc.
- Facilitation — Lead and support creative sessions with our team and clients including collaborative exercises, presentations, and strategy sessions as needed.
- Project Management — Manage project schedules and deadlines; coordinate with team members and communicate with clients to ensure project momentum and a shared understanding of process and deliverables.
- Sales — Support the sales team as a subject matter expert to help close deals and serve as a liaison to interpret the client’s vision and turn it into a tangible product.
- SmallBox Brand Support — Collaborate with the team on creative strategies for SmallBox’s marketing campaigns, brand positioning, and sales strategies.
Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, an equivalent degree, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in an agency, or equivalent experience
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams and integrating your ideas with theirs
- Experience working with a diverse group of stakeholders to lead digital and web strategy while supporting research, design, and development.
- Strategic communication skills in verbal, written, and visual presentation experience.
- Experience and comfort with human-centered design processes, including design research, concept ideation, design strategy, and user experience design
- Extensive experience across a variety of media (digital and print) and current tools (Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, etc.), experience with website content management tools, specifically WordPress.
- A commitment to acknowledging and honoring others’ humanity
- The ability to listen deeply and act with empathy and compassion
- Ability to zoom in and out, generating tactics and systems level strategies
- A desire to learn about and design with people from all walks of life
- The ability to generate ideas and take action in ways that acknowledge differing identities
Salary & Benefits
- Salary range for role: $60-80,000, based on experience
- Flexible work schedule/hybrid work
- Comprehensive health plans
- Retirement plan with matching program
- Freedom (PTO) policy
- Culture of learning and curiosity with ongoing professional development opportunities
Interested candidates can send their letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
SmallBox is a design agency focused on strategy, web and brand experiences for mission-driven organizations. Everything we do is informed by our clients and their audiences. Our people-centered approach and passion for community drive solutions that amplify the impact of our work.
Our core values define the characteristics we believe are important for each team member to embrace in their work. Through all of our projects, we’ve discovered that we are at our strongest when we stay true to these four values: Care, Collaboration, Courage, and Curiosity.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.