We’re looking for a seasoned project manager who has a love of the written word and a passion for helping mission-driven organizations elevate their brand experiences. Are you a master organizer? Do you have excellent communication skills? Do you love collaborating with people? With your attention to detail, strong writing ability, and desire to help people succeed, you’ll work with both the production team (client-facing) and also the sales and operations team to help manage brand, web, and strategy efforts.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll work alongside teams to tackle complex challenges for a diverse portfolio of projects.
Responsibilities may include:
- Create and manage project schedules and deadlines.
- Coordinate with team members and communicate with clients to ensure project momentum and a shared understanding of process and deliverables.
- Monitor budgets to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Partner closely with project leads to cultivate trust, actively seek diverse perspectives, and ensure project requirements align with audience needs.
- Communicate weekly status updates on schedules, resources, and budget. Lead weekly status meetings to work through issues and set priorities for the week with both SmallBox team members and clients.
- Write and edit content for SmallBox clients, including brand messaging and website content.
- Participate in internal and external conversations on brand voice, positioning, and messaging.
- Deeply consider audiences through an equity-focused lens, developing questions that guide project teams’ understanding in order to create inclusive brand messaging and content for clients.
- Understand best practices related to SEO and website content development.
- Deliver timely written content and seek feedback from diverse perspectives.
- Edit content written by clients and other SmallBox team members, as needed.
SmallBox Brand & Business Development Support
- Collaborate with the team on creative strategies for SmallBox’s marketing campaigns, brand positioning, and sales strategies.
- Support sales conversations when pulled in as subject matter expert, and/or support creation of new project proposals.
Ideal Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, an equivalent degree, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in an agency or equivalent experience
- Proven record of effectively delivering projects in a fast-moving environment
- Experience writing for varied perspectives and clients
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse, multi-disciplinary teams
- Strategic communication skills in verbal, written, and visual presentation experience
- Experience and comfort with human-centered design or design-thinking processes, including design research, concept ideation, design strategy, and user experience design
- Extensive experience across a variety of media (digital and print) and current tools (Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, etc.); experience with website content management tools, specifically WordPress
- Advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusivity
- A commitment to acknowledging and honoring others’ humanity
- The ability to listen deeply and act with empathy and compassion
- Ability to zoom in and out, generating tactics and systems level strategies
- A desire to learn about and design with people from all walks of life
- The ability to generate ideas and take action in ways that acknowledge differing identities
Salary & Benefits
- Salary range for role: $55,000-$70,000, based on experience
- Flexible work schedule/hybrid work
- Comprehensive health plans
- Retirement plan with matching program
- Freedom (PTO) policy
- Culture of learning and curiosity with ongoing professional development opportunities
Interested candidates can send their letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SmallBox is a design agency focused on strategy, web and brand experiences for mission-driven organizations. Everything we do is informed by our clients and their audiences. Our people-centered approach and passion for community drive solutions that amplify the impact of our work.
Our core values define the characteristics we believe are important for each team member to embrace in their work. Through all of our projects, we’ve discovered that we are at our strongest when we stay true to these four values: Care, Collaboration, Courage, and Curiosity.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.